The oral cavity is measured as a window to your overall health. It would be best if you took good care of your oral health in order to lead a healthy and happy life. Whenever a person is suffering from a dental infection, they may find it difficult to concentrate on their daily routine. If the condition is ignored, the problems may get amplified and cause loss of teeth and valuable soft tissues.
General dentistry is a broad term used in dentistry to extend many simple and complex procedures to improve your oral health or improve your smile's aesthetics. A general dentist is a trained professional who takes complete care of the whole family. The dentist addresses the oral needs of patients of different age groups. They make every effort to teach you ways to improve your oral health so that terrible toothaches can be prevented. They ensure that your oral health is in its best state and contribute to your entire body's health.
Why is it imperative to visit a General Dentist?
A person should visit a dentist at least twice a year without fail to avoid dental issues and stay fit and healthy. These routine dental visits help prevent dental problems from occurring in the first place. During a regular visit, a general dentist looks for any signs of trouble and takes the necessary steps to avert it. Early mediation can prevent dental problems and save a lot of time, energy, and money for patients.
General dentists provide care for patients of all age groups. Since oral care starts right from when a baby gets its first tooth, it is vital for families to be associated with general dentists. This helps develop good oral hygiene habits in the family, ensuring the prevention of oral health problems. The family members will feel more comfortable and relaxed with a family dentist as they can easily understand their patients' needs.
What are some services provided by General Dentistry?
- Dental Crowns:They are typically used when patients have fragmented or damaged teeth. But they also help conceal the unattractive flaws to the tooth's shape and make them stronger. The crown is attached to an existing tooth, fully protecting it from the gum line to the biting surface. They are fabricated from an assortment of materials such as porcelain, gold alloy, or both, but porcelain has the most natural appearance.
- Dental Fillings:Ignoring a cavity can lead to tooth decay, which can cause tooth's loss, among other things. Tooth-colored white composite fillings can be used to fill the hole while still maintaining the appearance of natural teeth.
- Dentures: They help substitute a complete set of teeth or only a few missing teeth. They can be customized to suit a patient's necessities and subsequently restore your smile.
- Dental Bonding:They help fix minor tooth problems such as improving their shape, straighten them, and repairing chipped, gapped, cracked, or stained teeth. Tooth-colored materials are used to provide added structural support.
- Teeth Whitening: These procedures help you get a glossy flawless smile at affordable costs. It involves applying a bleaching agent on your teeth to remove the stains and discolorations, thus assisting you to get the smile you want.
- Veneers:They offer an excellent solution to rectify cosmetic flaws such as gapped, stained, discolored, misshaped, chipped, or crooked teeth. Veneers are a tooth-colored, thin, custom-made material that is secured over your existing teeth. They are in demand due to their permanence and natural appearance.
Call us at Los Cerritos or schedule an online appointment to know more about General Dentistry