Dental implants offer an excellent substitute for outdated teeth replacement techniques. They help close gaps or replace several teeth. Dental implants ensure a firm bite and provide solid stability and give a highly aesthetic appearance. And what more: they feel and look just like your natural teeth.
Minimally invasive dental implants are the latest advancements in dental implantology, and this development is a revolutionary step in permanent teeth restoration. Most often, in just two visits, patients who are missing teeth or unsatisfied with poorly fitting dentures can walk out with precisely fitting, aesthetic implants. Minimally invasive dental implant surgeries have become a reality with advancements in 3D imaging and the application of proven surgical methods to handle bone and gum tissues. A blueprint of your treatment is provided with the 3D visualization of your jaw, increasing the precision and decreasing the surgery time. The bone can be bent and expanded by employing specific surgical instruments to make minor cuts in the gums. Sometimes bone grafting becomes necessary to lay a strong foundation in order for the dental implants to be inserted in the patient’s jaw. In the past, extensive incisions and flapping of tissue were required to realize the bone grafting procedure, and besides, patients had to wait a few months for the bone grafts to mature before placing the dental implant.
With the help of the latest advancements in dental technology, a good percentage of bone grafting procedures can be avoided. Using the modern principles of minimally invasive surgeries for dental implants, the patients can have their dental implants fixed immediately, thus saving their time and money. Pre-planning the dental implant procedure using computer-aided technology characteristically leads to patients spending far less time in a dental chair. They can generally return to their regular daily routine on the same day as the procedure is done.
Who should opt for Minimally Invasive Dental Implants?
- This procedure is apt for patients with one or more missing teeth, which may have been caused due to injury, disease, or tooth decay.
- For people frustrated with loose or poor fitting partial or complete dentures, this procedure is a good option.
- Patients with good gum and bone support the implant without any hurdles. The best thing is that most patients today fit into this category, as implants now come in various shapes and sizes.
What are some benefits of Minimally Invasive Dental Implants?
Some of the benefits of minimally invasive dental implants are:
- The initial computer-guided planning helps avoid any complications caused while carrying out the implant procedure. Hence the procedure is virtually painless, and the decreased pain also lessens the need for medications.
- It ensures protection of the gums and sensitive periosteal.
- As the name suggests, the dental implant procedure is gentler and less invasive.
- The operation duration is much shorter. The prior manipulation of gum tissue and bone exposure leads to a reduced surgery time and often no sutures.
- The treatment is ideal for high-risk patients such as those who take blood thinners or suffering from diabetes.
- As the procedure is less extensive, we see fewer complications. It enables the doctors to retain as much healthy tissue as possible, improving aesthetics and dental health overall.
- It offers greater patient comfort.
- The implant placement is more precise.
- There is less anxiety about a patient knowing we can replicate one’s whole dental structure on a computer, expect any possible issues, and plot a meticulous step-by-step course based on the prior planning.
- The Minimally Invasive Dental Implants offer a better alternative to dentures.
- It is a popular choice because of its affordability, and the current advances in dental technology have made dental implant surgery minimally invasive.
Call us at Los Cerritos or schedule an online appointment to know more about Minimally- Invasive Implant Dentistry